Please contact one of our offices for a list of the most up to date insurance providers.
At Brown Retina Institute we accept the following forms of payment:
Cash, Check, Credit Card ( AMEX, Visa, Mastercard, Discover )
The following forms can be downloaded to your computer and printed at home. By filling out these forms ahead of time, you will save a significant amount of time during your visit. Please be prepared to provide this information to our office along with your current medical insurance information. If you have any questions when filling out these forms, please do the best you can and our staff will assist you with your questions on the day of your visit.
- Patient Information Form
- Brown Retina Institute Financial Policy
- HIPAA Authorization Form
- Authorization for Release of Protected Information Form
These files are in PDF format. If you do not have Adobe® Reader® on your computer, you can download it for free by clicking here or on the Get Adobe Reader icon.
- Pre-operative Instructions
- Post-operative Instructions Following Minor Ocular Surgery
- Nutritional Information for AMD (AREDS)
- Nutritional Information for AMD (Vegetables)
- Juice Plus and Diabetes
- Science of Juice Plus
- Juice Plus Brochure
In The News
In April 2017, Lucentis received FDA approval for use in all patients with diabetic retinopathy. Previously, Lucentis could be used in patients with diabetic retinopathy, only they also had diabetic macular edema. The Rise and Ride Clinical Trials demonstrated that not only does Lucentis help to improve macular edema, it also can reverse the progression of retinopathy in up to 38% of patients. Now all patients with diabetic retinopathy can receive this beneficial treatment when appropriate. Brown DM, et al; RISE and RIDE Research Group. Ophthalmology. 2013;120:2013-2022.
In a recent study of 660 patients with diabetic macular edema, Lucentis, Eylea and Avastin were found to equally effective, on average, in treating this complication of diabetes. Some patients with vision poorer than 20/50 may achieve greater visual acuity benefit with Eylea.
Treatment for wet Age Related Macular Degeneration with anti-VEGF medications reduced the likelihood of being admitted to a nursing home. These findings reported by researchers at Duke University, demonstrates that by delaying vision loss, treated patients were more likely to remain independent than untreated patients… Read More »
Retinal stem cell research continues to advance. Researchers at the University Hospital of London found that retinal cells from donated human retinas could be induced to change into light sensing photoreceptors. They found that when injected into the retina of a rat, the transplanted cells connected to the host retina began to function…Read More »
New information regarding vitamins for patients with intermediate and advanced AMD (age related macular degeneration). Study results released in May 2013 show benefit for lutein and zeaxanthin when added to the current AREDS vitamins regimen. However no benefit was found for adding omega-3 fatty acids. Click here to read the full article.
We continue to learn more about the beneficial effects of Lucentis to treat diabetic macular edema. A report in the February 2013 issue of Diabetes Research and Clinical Practice confirms our experience that Lucentis not only can improve vision and reduce the swelling in diabetic macular edema, Lucentis may also stabilize or improve the level of diabetic retinopathy.
- On Thursday March 5, 2020, Dr. Brown will be lecturing at the San Antonio Ophthalmology Review Course. Dr. Brown will be discussing the diagnosis and treatment of Uveitis and ocular inflammatory diseases. The lecture will be held at the DoubleTree by Hilton San Antonio Airport, 37 NE Loop 410, San Antonio, 78216 from 2:30-6:00 pm.
- On Saturday morning March 7, 2020, Dr. Brown will lecture on Revolutionary Advances in the Treatment of Macular Degeneration and Diabetic Eye Disease. The lecture is sponsored by the Macular Degeneration Association and will be held at 8:30 a.m. at the Doubletree Albuquerque in Albuquerque New Mexico.